Thursday, July 16, 2009

CURRY 'N DURIANS


I CAME ACROSS A RATHER NOVEL suggestion the other day: apparently durians go well with curries! Would you Adam and Eve (believe) it!
When this friend suggested it, I was quite astounded. I know it goes well with plain boiled rice, or, a la Thailand, even better with white pulut (glutinous rice) and sweetened cooked santan ... mmm ... but CURRIES?
To prove it, this friend decided to have a CURRY PARTY, so we all trooped along to her place for it a couple of days ago. It wasn't really a Curry and Durian Party actually ... it was a Curry and Durian FEAST! She had ordered TONS of the stuff - well, to be exact, 20 durians - and there were only 8 of us! There were Ang Hey and D20s and all other names that I have never heard of. All absolutely mouthwatering. And the curries! There were fishhead, chicken and beef rendang.
I tell you, she made her point. It was delicious. Both WITH and without curry sauce. We had a great time, and my husband made a real pig of himself, beating all the locals there with his SIXTEEN durians. I managed a measly five ...

No comments: