Wednesday, January 6, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ... to ME!





HOPE YOU HAD AS GOOD A NEW YEAR AS I DID ... in fact, it was so good I didn't really feel like getting back to work at all bar the COMPULSORY articles I had to write ie my fortnightly column for Star Sunday Metro and The Expat's monthly article about Penang.


So that's why there's been not much posting done - humble apologies - but I didn't think you wanted to read yet more about the partying and drinking ... except for the fact that last weekend we were in KL and celebrated my birthday about ten days early with my family there. Yes you may well ask how old are you? Well that's for me to know and for you to find out!





The dinner was held at Imperial Gardens, a fairly new classy Chinese restaurant in PJ. The food was served a la modern style ie in small helpings per person, so it was a good time to start my diet, especially with my new year's resolution! Although I was the birthday gal, I wasn't hosting the dinner - that was left to my bro and partner who very generously paid for the whole thing. Thank goodness, is all I can say, because at about RM80 for a small bowl of Shark's Fin Soup (which I didn't have btw cos I don't approve of it - just had Double-Boiled Old Cucumber Soup with scallops which was excellent) the bill for just 8 of us must have come to four figures. We tight-fisted Penangites aren't used to that kind of money, especially poor food writers!


It's back to earth with a bang though as I get into the swing of work once more, with preparation for the next edition of my book which is due out mid this year. Wish me luck everyone!

No comments: