Wednesday, September 14, 2011

THERMOMIX - THE WONDER MACHINE

I AM ABSOLUTELY SO PROUD ... and truly honoured.





TrueMix, the truly wonderful WONDER machine, has chosen MOI of all people to endorse their machine here in Malaysia. And of course, it goes without saying I would only do so if I really believed in it.

As a fan of machines all my life (the number of blenders and mixers I have gone through in that time has probably filled an entire blender-and-mixer-graveyard), I have been through them all. From cheap ones which I get attracted to in the market - how come these demonstrators are so good and can talk you into buying a cheapo crappo piece of equipment that no sooner have you got home either just falls apart as soon as you put in your load of chillies and onions to make, say, Assam Tumis, or just doesn't do what I am absolutely certain I saw them do so easily when they were doing it!!! - to some fairly expensive ones which, to give credit where it's due, have been very good. My old Kenwood Food Processor, for example, was excellent, and served me for a good ten years.





HOWEVER the Thermomix is in a different class altogether, as it not only processes, but also weighs, blends, mixes, and ... this is the piece de resistance: it also COOKS! This means I save sooooo much time as there is much less washing up to do, and I don't actually need so much kitchen space either!

I've been experimenting with it, and trying all different recipes - even made my own bread from scratch which, even if I say so myself, turned out BEAUTIFULLY and very professional looking. It even cooks pasta for me whilst I write. Even my son was impressed - and 20-year old sons, I can tell you, are not easily impressed by their moms!

Do have a read at the piece I've written (see left hand options on THERMOMIX) and I've even included a couple of simple nyonya recipes which I tried and they worked very well. I'm quite excited by it, as you can probably tell, and am dying to try more. Only problem is I eat out so much there is not much time to do so.

Still, at least I look forward to cooking now, and my family are happy too, cos they get to try all my dishes!

1 comment:

ThermomixBlogger Helene said...

Wow, this is fun! Thermomix fans from around the world will be eager to read about your recipe experiments in Malaysia! Great to meet you ;-)