Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Great Eye Deer





I'm a full time mother again, as both my boys are back for the Easter Hols. It's a strange but wonderful and fulfilling time, although I've often thought that although I look forward to seeing them again, I don't really miss them when they are away. I think that implies a GOOD and HEALTHY relationship: I have my own busy life to lead, and don't pine for them when they are not here.



So last night, together with Mom and No1 Son, we picked the younger one up at the airport, and headed back into town where, because he wanted some RENDANG for his first meal back here, we went to the NO EYE DEER in Tanjung Tokong. Usual friendly proprietor KEN was there, trying to keep his head above water because despite it being a wet and rainy Saturday night they were quite busy.



As I'd had a full lunch (took my cousin SUZE who was here for a flying visit from KL for Cheng Beng to my favourite THAI STATION and we really indulged ... yumm!!) I refrained from ordering a meal for myself, but as Ken is well aware, I like to pick so he put a spare set of cutlery in front of me.



Both boys opted for the briyani, one with rendang and the other mutton curry. Both plates were cleared in record time. Mom had a steak which was unfortunately rather overdone but surprisingly not too tough - although I've only just been told we weren't charged for it. Husband MacD had a Chicken Parmigiana which he really enjoyed.



I like the place - it's friendly and unpretentious, with a well-thought out, reasonably-priced menu of local and western favourites; not haute cuisine and not the best in the world but good enough, hence his many regular clients. The beer is great value too - just RM35++ for a bucket of five bottles!

2 comments:

noeyedeer said...

Oh Wow Helen! Such a great honour to be mentioned by you let alone found a space in your website. Such a wonderful surprise when I found out you've posted a blog on your time at No Eye Deer. I'm glad your family enjoyed themselves. Look forward to serving all of you again.

Oh... by the way, great website, it's tidy, organized and easy to read and I like the idea of you including reviews on latest events and happenings around penang. Pretty informative.

Thx for mentioning us ya!

Regards,
Ken of No Eye Deer

HelenOng said...

Thanks for the kind comments Ken. Keep up the good work. We enjoy your place. H