Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Last night my elder boy Tom returned for the first time since he started uni in UK in October, where he's for reasons unfathomable to me reading Chemistry. It's not that he's not bright - he is - but he isn't the most "with it" boy. Case in point being that I received an sms (I insist he does that every leg of the journey, OAOM that I am - in case you don't know what that stands for see previous blog) when he arrived at Dubai to say that he'd left the champagne on the plane. And oh by the way he was sorry. That's all!! I could have x**!@@#$ him quite happily.

On the way to the airport to pick him up we stopped at the Ubi Food Court in Tanjung Tokong to have a bite. It's by the traffic lights, one of the new ones which opened up a few years ago and closed down again cos the food was really quite inedible (I remember trying the lor bak which was abysmal and saying, "I give them six months if this is the standard of their food" - my prophesy came true - they closed down not long after). However, they reopened under new management a couple of years ago. I have to say the Kuey Teow T'ng I had was not bad at all. It cost RM3, but had two sizeable chunks of minced pork together with three firm and tasty fishballs and a couple of slices of pork. Well worth it.

The Kangkong Sotong however was a disappointment. It was RM6 for a small portion, but not very tasty. Still, you can't win them all. I will gladly go back for the Kueh Teow T'ng.

Anyway we got to the airport at about midnight to find out the plane had landed 10 mins before, so it wasn't too long a wait before my No.1 son came out. It was good to see him, even if he had done what I consider a relatively stupid thing: pierced not just his right ear lobe and bottom lip, but also his TONGUE! Oh my did I freak out. Still, at 19 he is an adult. However I did put my foot down - I'm not paying for any more.

No comments: