Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Deluxcious Birthday Do


We celebrated a friend's birthday party at Deluxcious Spa Cuisine last night. It's run by Singaporean-trained Executive Chef Keith Khoo, a friendly young chap who hardly seems out of short trousers! That, you probably know, is a sign of old age, when people seem younger and younger to you.

I like the place. Although they do some ala carte, it is their sets which are really attractive - there are many differently-priced ranging from a very reasonable RM14.90 or so to the really sinful RM99 for their lobster. But most come complete with starter, soup, dessert and coffee so I think they are very good value. I love courses because they give me an excuse to pig out (otherwise wasted, right? it's included mah!). And delicious too. I love their Fried Tang Hoon although the sambal belacan could be a bit less watery.
In fact, I had my own birthday do their last year.

They didn't let me down last night. Despite the fact the group was quite large (over 25 pax) they managed to serve the six courses to everyone almost all at the same time, and the food was hot at that. Well done Keith.

And if you want to relax after then just pop upstairs to the spa run by sister Miranda.

No comments: