Wednesday, September 8, 2010




OK I DON'T WANNA BRAG ... or maybe I do, but I just HAD to show off my latest handiwork: an Aran jumper that MOI personally knitted.


Yes, I created it with my own fair hands, although I'd be embarrassed to tell you exactly how long it took from start to finish: almost six months! In all fairness, I only manage a few rows late at night when we're relaxing in front of the TV, and that's not often. All these dinners you see ... sigh ...




It's so thick (weighs at least one or two kilos I think!) and heavy that it's obviously not the sort of thing for our weather, and, lest you think I'm going bonkers it's not. It's a present for my sister-in-law who lives in freezing UK.



However, I love knitting; there's something very relaxing about the mechanical process, and seeing it grow from nothing but a ball of wool and two needles. Having said that, I get bored with just plain old knit all the way or purl (stocking stitch) all the way, so I tend to opt for something with a bit of a challenging pattern hence Aran.

And they make great gifts for friends or relatives in Europe, as they certainly can't be for myself! This is about my 40th, I think, and as you can see I've even gone so far as to have labels made!

Hope she likes it ...

No comments: