Thursday, September 23, 2010

WE'RE OFF!

WEELLLLLL .... we're off - well, nearly. The taxi is coming in approximately 1 hour! The whole morning, as indeed the last few days, has been spent running around doing all kinds of chores and errands related to going away: buying gifts and souvenirs for friends and relatives (Tau Sar Peah galore together with belacan etc - if I could take it they'd ask for Char Kuey Teow too, probably).

I've been sorting out the dry cleaning and foreign currency, and also eating ... eating and eating, as kind friends wish us a "Bon Voyage".

HOWEVER this will not be the last post that you see, as I intend to blog a LOT about the trip, seeing as last time we were abroad I had only just about started to do so - there will be a lot to report from London, where I shall be (hopefully) attending the very first Malaysian Pasar Malam at Trafalgar Square tomorrow night - talk about hitting the ground running. That's assuming I'm not too jetlagged of course. I've tried to stave off "Ai yo can't be bothered lah" by arranging to meet No1 Son at Waterloo Station on Friday afternoon. Gulp. It will however be nice to see him again after almost a year, probably the longest we've ever been apart.

After a few days in Surrey we will be heading north to take No2 Son to uni, then back down to London - thinking of a couple of days in Rome as I have never been there and watching "Rome" and "Spartacus" has whetted my appetite for a bit of the Coliseum.

At the end of November, we will be heading across to US so lots to write about then too. What an epic trip. I dread the airport security checks and queues at Immigration and the cold (urgghhh!!!) and the jetlag but, as my father always says, these are rich men's problems. Quite right too.

Until the next post, Arrivederci!

No comments: